The Miller Chronicles

The story of one lucky boy who got us as parents!

Thursday, January 22

Orion's First trip to the DENTIST!

Orion had his first trip to the Dentist yesterday. He looked sooo little sitting in that HUGE chair but it was adorable. I found Dr. Nichols at Just for Kids Dentistry through our insurance website and he is an AWESOME dentist. He is BEYOND AWESOME! You can tell he loves his job. He took the time to get to know us and Orion. Orion did so well. He even sat in the chair all by himself and once he started grabbing everything and pushing all of the buttons I knew he was comfortable. We all laughed when he got a hold of the water hose and sprayed himself. lol.

A few weeks ago I noticed that Orion had black marks on 3 of his bottom teeth. They came out of nowhere and I was concerned. Even after obsessive brushing, the marks stayed. Anyway.Dr. Nichols used his pick thingy and his round brushing thingy and was able to get them off. He said that it looked like marker because It didn't come off very easily. All I'm thinking is "Where did he get a marker?".

So anyway, Bottom line is he did sooo well. He sat in the chair all by himself(I guess a lot of kids don't do that the first time), he sat through picking on his bottom teeth (which the sound made me cringe), and only bit the dentist once. Dr. Nichols laughed saying it was a hazard of the job. LOL. All for a choice at a drawer full of toys and a new toothbrush. All in all, a great experience. We have a great Pediatric Dentist!

I could NOT get Orion to look at the camera, there are too many fun things to look at!




Checking out his loot bag they gave him!

2 Comments:

Blogger {sara} said...

What a big boy! At Kiki's 1st appointment, she was crying before we even got out of the car. She had been there with her sisters plenty of times, but when we told her it was her turn, she freaked! She screamed when the dentist came near her (we, too, have a great pediatric dentist)! I had to hold her down on my lap in the chair & after she bit the dentist - HARD - they had to use a stick to pry her mouth open! I'm so glad you had such a pleasant experience!

January 22, 2009 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Kevin, Livy and Orion said...

Wow! Ive never been to a childrens dentist so I didnt know what to expect. The Dr. went on and on about how well he did but I guess they do get the opposite reaction from time to time.

January 22, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home